The information we collect
We collect certain information when you use Virtualnursing.com. This includes information you provide to us, information we collect automatically, and information we receive from other sources.
Information you provide to us
- Account information. When you create a Virtualnursing.com account, you input a username, password and email address. You also have the option to add your name or nickname.
- The content you create. This includes your profile information and the information you provide when you create/join forums and groups.
- Information from actions you take. We collect information about your user journeys and various actions on our site. This includes the connections you add, the forums or other groups you join and other related actions.
- Other information you provide directly to us. You may participate in question polls and surveys where you can provide feedback or thoughts on various topics.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect information automatically from you when you use Virtualnursing.com. This includes:
- Information about your device. We collect information about the device you are using to access the services. This includes information like your IP address, operating system information, and browser information.
- Information about your use of the apps or websites. We collect log and event information related to how and when you use our services (such as the articles, forums, and groups you visit).
- Other information that we collect automatically. When you take certain actions on other sites, we may receive information about you. For example, when we advertise for Virtualnursing.com on third party platforms, if you click on the ad, we may receive information about which ad you saw and on which platform. Similarly, we may also receive certain information when you click on a referral link, such as which website you came from.
We may receive information from cookies and similar technologies. First-party cookies are placed by us (and our third-party service providers) and allow you to use the services and help us analyze and improve your experience. You can control cookies as described in the “How to control your privacy” section below. The services use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for services to function. If you try to use tools to disable these cookies, parts of the services may not work properly.
- Functional Cookies: These help us provide enhanced functionality on the services like remembering language preferences. Disabling these could affect some service functionality.
- Performance Cookies: These allow us or our third-party analytics providers to learn how you and others use and engage with the services so we can understand and improve them.
How to control your privacy
Customize your personal settings
If you wish to hide your profile information, go to your profile tab > account settings > account privacy > click the slider that says make account private.
You can also disable or delete your account via the “Profile” tab on the settings page.
Manage your content and servers
You may edit or erase specific pieces of information within the website:
- You can edit or delete any message you have sent or content you have posted if you still have access to the space where you posted it.
To control how information is collected and used from cookies on the services, you can take one or more of the following steps.
- To disable and manage some cookies you will need to manage your settings for each browser you use.
If you disable or remove cookies, some parts of the services may not function properly.
Questions or concerns about your privacy? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.