Home Forums Use Case Prioritization Admission Semi-Private Rooms

4 voices
4 replies
  • Creator
    Topic

Can anyone share best practices for virtual nursing with cameras in room for semi private rooms?

• Author
    Replies
    Dr. Bonnie Clipper
    Participant

I have seen hospitals manage Vn in semi-private rooms through mobile carts. While the technology can have its own issues, the real concern was to make sure to get the patients “consent” more or less a verbal approval every time prior to an interaction if there is another patient and /or family in the room as well.

Cindy Koppen

Jennifer – Thank you for the question!  Outfit of technology in semi-private rooms has always required a little more diligence to make sure the VRN’s and patients have just as excellent experience as private rooms.  We have found there can be multiple options to address the needs of semi-private rooms based on the systems unique workflow and technology requirements.  We have found most effective is to make sure there is dedicated hardware for each patient to streamline workflows and ensure the VRN’s are armed with multiple workflow options based on that patients needs. This can include the VRN scripting to explain the role of the VRN and task to be completed, as well as confirming any patient hesitations around the visit.  We find that very few patients are hesitant to engage with the VRN but there should be options to accommodate those folks with a different audio source.  We have seen workflows that include the VRN using the bedside phone or even the patient cell phone through our platform to accommodate those unique cases. We have also seen the use of other speaker and mic options for optimal acoustic results based on the layout of the semi private room and would love to delve into these workflows with you in much more detail. Please let me know if would like to connect directly to discuss in further detail!

Hello –

We are currently using tablet carts in our semi-private rooms, but have issues with them being moved, unplugged, taken off line. Is anyone using any other equipment/technology in semi-private rooms that may provide more reliable services? Thanks in advance-

Cindy Koppen

Tabitha,

Handle the visit/interaction the same as if you were in person, if the material is sensitive you can always call on the pts bedside phone or personal cell.  Other options include a tablet device or a speaker near the pts head in addition to the speaker on the foot wall.  Please call me directly on my cell if you would like to speak further.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.