Home › Forums › Use Case Prioritization › Discharge › What are recommendations for post-discharge support using hospital at home tools › Reply To: What are recommendations for post-discharge support using hospital at home tools
Hi Dr. Bonnie!
I recommend leveraging a combination of in-person Home Health Nurses with a digital/software platform and IOT tools. So, thinking about
- Remote monitoring tools: (Bluetooth/cellular) BP cuff/scale for weight monitoring for Cardiac patients or general vitals
- An audio/video component: for visits, perhaps check-ins, quick triage of concerns, questions, or education, and medication adherence.
- And connectivity: Landline, Cellular, 5g, Etc.
- Psychosocial support and care coordination. (So, thinking of connecting to other specialists through the platform: SW, RN, Care coordinators).
- And the BIG one that no one has mentioned yet – Asynchonist messaging.
*Cue my Design-thinking brain…*
Imagine the ability for a patient/family member to upload an (n non-urgent) video to a virtual mailbox with a concern, care, feedback, or question. WHOOSH! #NurseInnovator.